
Credit should be given to the original creator - I found her on Etsy!
There are a couple of different shops on Etsy, one allows you to send in ties that are special to you and they will make the wreath for you, another site just send you a wreath of ties that they have.
I googled tutorials, but I couldn't really find one... So here you go!
What you need:
- Foam Wreath Form (mine was 12 inch) You can get them at the dollar store!
- Neckties (approx 1 tie per inch of the wreath + one for the bow)
- Straight Pins
- Hot glue gun
- Something (wire, etc) to hang the wreath with

Simply wrap the first tie around the wreath starting with the thin end. Make sure that you point the thin end of the tie toward the inside of the wreath so that the large end will point out.
Once it is in place, pin it on the underside of the tie. This makes everything a little less permanent while you put each tie in the right place. Repeat for each tie. I tried to mix my ties up

You can take the pin in and out and slide the tie where ever you need it on the wreath! Just make sure that the pin goes all the way through the entire tie. I put a little bit of hot glue under the tips to make the form a little more permanent.
Take the last tie and make a bow with it (you can skip this if you want) place it where it highlights the other ties. I pinned mine on the inside of the bow, and then added hot glue to finalize it.
This is my final product! I think it turned out pretty well, what do you think? Someone saw it hanging on my door, and featured it on KSL's show- Studio 5! Yeah!


No comments:
Post a Comment